The package-url project provides a minimal specification and implementation for a “package (mostly universal) URL” - purl. The specification is at https://github.com/package-url/purl-spec. There are implementations of the purl specification for seven major languages:
- DotNet – https://github.com/package-url/packageurl-dotnet
- Go - https://github.com/package-url/packageurl-go
- Java- https://github.com/package-url/packageurl-java
- Python - https://github.com/package-url/packageurl-python
- Ruby - https://github.com/package-url/packageurl-ruby
- Rust - https://github.com/package-url/packageurl-dotnet
package-url also has a Gitter channel.